By Matt Larson
DNS on home windows 2000 is a different Windows-oriented variation of the vintage DNS and BIND. The area identify method (DNS) is likely one of the Internet's primary construction blocks: the allotted host info database that is answerable for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its right vacation spot, and plenty of different providers. because the preface says, if you are utilizing the web, you are already utilizing DNS-- no matter if you do not know it. along with protecting normal matters like fitting, constructing, and retaining the server, DNS on home windows 2000 tackles these particular to the home windows setting: integration among DNS and energetic listing, conversion from BIND to the Microsoft DNS server, and registry settings. It will pay detailed recognition to defense matters, method tuning, caching, sector switch notification, troubleshooting, and making plans for development. appropriate for either home windows directors who use DNS day-by-day, and clients who are looking to take hold of how the web works.
Read Online or Download DNS on Windows 2000 PDF
Similar unix books
Network and method defense presents centred assurance of community and process safeguard applied sciences. Explores functional suggestions to a variety of community and platforms protection matters. Chapters are authored through top specialists within the box and handle the instant and long-term demanding situations within the authors' respective components of workmanship. insurance contains construction a safe association; cryptography; method intrusion; UNIX and Linux protection; web defense, intranet safety; LAN safeguard; instant community protection; mobile community safeguard, RFID defense, and extra.
* Chapters contributed by way of leaders within the box protecting foundational and sensible facets of approach and community defense, delivering a brand new point of technical services now not discovered elsewhere.
* accomplished and up-to-date assurance of the topic zone permits the reader to place present applied sciences to paintings
* offers equipment of study and challenge fixing innovations, improving the reader's grab of the fabric and talent to enforce sensible suggestions
I've got numerous books from O'Reilly's "In a Nutshell" sequence and prefer all of them. This one can be close to the head of the checklist out of those i've got, as it truly is top-notch.
It's at the beginning a reference, and i'm already pulling it out with a few frequency. yet it is also stable for filling in a few gaps in my wisdom of the Linux kernel as i am faraway from a professional but additionally now not a newbie, and this booklet has additionally helped me construct a few instinct into Linux and the kernel. specially important is an element II, displaying how one can be sure the right kind module and a few of the kernel configuration recipes, as those will be important for a beginner and will aid deliver somebody earlier the beginner point as much as one other level.
For someone facing the Linux kernel of their paintings, this publication certainly belongs of their assortment.
During this overseas selection of papers there's a wealth of wisdom on synthetic intelligence (AI) and cognitive technology (CS) recommendations utilized to the matter of offering support structures regularly for the UNIX working procedure. The learn defined the following includes the illustration of technical desktop innovations, but in addition the illustration of the way clients conceptualise such options.
Deal with your organization's naming structure successfully, from the executive / coverage part all the way through to the technical DNS and nameserver implementations. This sensible booklet takes you thru the fundamentals - the anatomies of domains and DNS requests - and covers DNS and area matters from various views, together with technique, safety, and highbrow estate.
- The OpenBSD 4.0 Crash Course
- Absolute Openbsd Unix For The Practical Paranoid
- Linux Network Administrator's Guide
- PANIC! UNIX System Crash Dump Analysis Handbook (Bk/CD-ROM)
Additional resources for DNS on Windows 2000
Arpa domain. arpa domain are labeled after the numbers in the dotted-octet representation of IP addresses. arpa domain, for example, could have up to 256 subdomains, one corresponding to each possible value in the first octet of an IP address. Each of these subdomains could have up to 256 subdomains of its own, corresponding to the possible values of the second octet. Finally, at the fourth level down, there are resource records attached to the final octet giving the full domain name of the host at that IP address.
255. 255. A Sidebar on CIDR Once upon a time, when we wrote the first edition of this book, the Internet's 32-bit address space was divided up into three main classes of networks: Class A, Class B, and Class C. Class A networks were networks in which the first octet (the first eight bits) of the IP address identified the network, and the remaining bits were used by the organization assigned the network to differentiate hosts on the network. Most organizations with Class A networks also subdivided their networks into subnetworks, or subnets, adding another level of hierarchy to the addressing scheme.
NET. GOV. NET. > ^D The basic technique we used is straightforward: look up the list of name servers for the top-level domain -- because they're the only ones with complete information about the corresponding zone -- then query one of those name servers and list the name servers for the delegated subdomains. If you can't tell from the names of the subdomains which one you belong in, you can look up the contact information for the corresponding zone and send email to the technical contact asking, politely, for advice.