By Stephen Foster MD FACS
Dr. Stephen Foster has designed this special reference within which uveitis experts supply specialist recommendation, personal tastes, and evaluations on difficult medical questions often encountered through ophthalmologists, citizens, and different wellbeing and fitness care pros. the original Q&A layout offers easy access to present details with regards to uveitis with the simplicity of a talk among colleagues. photographs, diagrams, and references are incorporated to reinforce the textual content and to demonstrate medical diagnoses and therapy plans.
Curbside session in Uveitis: forty nine scientific Questions offers info simple sufficient for citizens whereas additionally incorporating specialist pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists will savor. Refractive surgeons, basic ophthalmologists, and citizens alike will benefit from the easy and informal format.
Some of the questions which are answered:
• How do the result of the Systemic Immunosuppressive remedy for Eye disorder (SITE) Cohort learn follow to the care of my sufferers with uveitis?
• How may still I review and deal with a sufferer with uveitis?
• How should still I deal with macular edema in a sufferer with uveitis?
• How should still I deal with a pregnant girl with macular threatening toxoplasmosis retinochoroiditis?
• whilst may still I refer a sufferer with uveitis to a uveitis specialist?
Read or Download Curbside Consultation in Uveitis: 49 Clinical Questions PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Uveal cancer is an competitive type of melanoma that may contain the iris, the ciliary physique, and/or the choroid, that's the most place of this tumor. sufferers frequently desire to be told approximately remedy offerings and the result of varied techniques. very important present medical questions are no matter if a biopsy will be taken of choroidal melanomas, what could be performed with this biopsy, and even if high-risk sufferers may be screened on a regular basis.
The most recent instructions for diagnosing and treating corneal ailments This well-illustrated full-color reference offers the newest guidance for diagnosing and treating corneal illnesses. good points: Full-color presentation with a number of illustrations presents entire up-to-date info on all kinds of anterior phase ailments With in-depth concentration, the authors pay attention to important parts of the skin abnormalities, together with pathology of tear movie, sickness of conjunctiva, eyelids, and tumors provides up-to-date guidance to set up quick and proper scientific analysis for correct and well timed therapy of corneal illnesses
Information the anatomy of the orbit and adnexa, and emphasizes a pragmatic method of the evaluate and administration of orbital and eyelid problems, together with malpositions and involutional adjustments. Updates present info on congenital, inflammatory, infectious, neoplastic and nerve-racking stipulations of the orbit and accent constructions.
Authored via world-renowned eye surgeons and academics, the second one variation of this e-book is a step by step consultant to universal eye surgical procedure and laser approaches. The ebook opens through reviewing the basics of ophthalmic surgical procedure. Chapters are then grouped into separate sections that tackle cataracts, corneal ailments, refractive surgical procedure, eye trauma, glaucoma, oculoplastics, pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, and vitreoretinal illnesses.
- Manual of Eye Emergencies: Diagnosis and Management, 2e
- Kanski’s clinical ophthalmology : a systematic approach, 8th Edition
- Varicella-Zoster Virus Epithelial Keratitis in Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: In Vivo Morphology in the Human Cornea
- Vitreoretinal Surgery, 2008th Edition
- Advanced Glaucoma Surgery (Essentials in Ophthalmology)
- The Cornea in Measles (Monographs in Ophthalmology)
Extra resources for Curbside Consultation in Uveitis: 49 Clinical Questions
29 Figure 8-3. Toxoplasma gondii neuroretinitis with macular involvement in the left eye in a patient who needs to be treated with oral prednisone (1 mg/kg/day) along with systemic anti-Toxoplasma antibiotics. The ideal administration for oral prednisone is in a single dose given in the morning. This is more physiologic because the natural peak of adrenal corticosteroid production occurs at this time. It also helps to reduce insomnia. 5 g/day) along with vitamin D (400 to 800 IU/day) to retard bone loss, and I encourage them to stop smoking, do weight-bearing exercises, and get regular dualenergy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scans.
Mamo JG. The rate of visual loss in Behçet’s disease. Arch Ophthalmol. 1970;84:451-452. 10. Rothova A, Berendschot TT, Probst K, van Kooij B, Baarsma GS. Birdshot chorioretinopathy: long-term manifestations and visual prognosis. Ophthalmology. 2004;111:954-959. 11. Thorne JE, Jabs DA, Peters GB, Hair D, Dunn JP, Kempen JH. Birdshot retinochoroidopathy: ocular complications and visual impairment. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:45-51. 11 QUESTION HOW SHOULD ONE PROPERLY EMPLOY TOPICAL CORTICOSTEROID THERAPY?
4. Sanghvi C, Mercieca K, Jones NP. Very severe HLA B27-associated panuveitis mimicking endophthalmitis: a case series. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2010;18:139-141. 8 QUESTION WHEN SHOULD I CONSIDER USING SYSTEMIC CORTICOSTEROIDS TO TREAT UVEITIS? 2 During an acute attack of severe intraocular inflammation, systemic prednisone undoubtedly has the most effective and rapid response profile compared to any other kind of anti-inflammatory medication. 3 High-dose methyl-prednisolone intravenous pulse therapy is also recommended as initial therapy, followed by oral administration in patients with severe and/or uncontrolled ocular inflammation.