By Matthew Helmke
Ubuntu Unleashed 2012 version: protecting 11.10 and 12.04 through Matthew Helmke
Publisher: S[am].s; 7 variation 2012 | 864 Pages | ISBN: 0672335786 | MOBI | five MB
Ubuntu Unleashed is full of particular and complex info for everybody who desires to utilize the Ubuntu Linux working procedure. This new version has been completely revised and up-to-date via a long-time Ubuntu neighborhood chief to mirror the fascinating new Ubuntu 11.10 (“Oneiric Ocelot”) and the drawing close Ubuntu 12.04.
Former Ubuntu discussion board administrator Matthew Helmke covers all you must find out about Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 deploy, configuration, productiveness, multimedia, improvement, procedure management, server operations, networking, virtualization, safety, DevOps, and more—including intermediate-to-advanced strategies you won’t locate in the other book.
Helmke offers up to date introductions to Ubuntu’s key productiveness and internet improvement instruments, programming languages, help, and extra. You’ll locate brand-new assurance of the hot solidarity computer, new NoSQL database aid and Android cellular improvement instruments, and plenty of different Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 options. even if you’re new to Ubuntu or already an influence person, you’ll flip to this booklet continually: for brand new ideas, new options, and new how one can do much more with Ubuntu!
Matthew Helmke served from 2006 to 2011 at the Ubuntu discussion board Council, offering management and oversight of the Ubuntu boards, and spent years at the Ubuntu nearby club approval board for Europe, the center East, and Africa. He has written approximately Ubuntu for numerous magazines and internet sites, is a lead writer of The reputable Ubuntu booklet. He works for The iPlant Collaborative, that's funded via the nationwide technological know-how beginning and is development cyberinfrastructure for the organic sciences to help the becoming use of huge quantities of knowledge and computationally in depth types of research.
- Quickly set up Ubuntu, configure it, and get your working right
- Configure and customise the recent harmony machine (or possible choices corresponding to GNOME)
- Get begun with multimedia and productiveness functions, together with LibreOffice
- Manage Linux providers, clients, and software program packages
- Administer and use Ubuntu from the command line
- Automate projects and use shell scripting
- Provide safe distant access
- Manage kernels and modules
- Administer dossier, print, electronic mail, proxy, LDAP, and database companies (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Use either Apache and replacement HTTP servers
- Support and use virtualization
- Use Ubuntu in cloud environments
- Learn the fundamentals approximately renowned programming languages together with Python, Hypertext Preprocessor, and Perl, and the way to take advantage of Ubuntu to strengthen in them
- Learn find out how to start constructing Android cellular devices
[b]Welcome to my AH blog!