By Neil J. Friedman MD, Peter K. Kaiser MD
Seasoned Elsevier authors Neil J. Friedman and Peter okay. Kaiser assist you get the very best leads to your assessments with Case reports in Ophthalmology. This clinical reference’s case-based process delivers simply the perform you must verify, toughen, and develop your mastery of each crucial suggestion in ophthalmology for medical rounds, oral forums or recertification.
- Review key details on each element of ophthalmology: optics/refraction; neuro-ophthalmology/orbit; pediatrics/strabismus; exterior disease/adnexa; anterior section; and posterior segment.
- Learn from the specialists with contributions from an all-star duo of professional authors.
- Enhance your primary wisdom in ophthalmology and strengthen studying goals utilizing a hundred illustrated cases.
- Access the total contents on-line at www.expertconsult.com.
The case-based source you must arrange for the yank Board of Ophthalmology oral exam
Read or Download Case Reviews in Ophthalmology PDF
Best ophthalmology books
Uveal cancer is an competitive kind of melanoma which could contain the iris, the ciliary physique, and/or the choroid, that's the most place of this tumor. sufferers usually desire to be told approximately therapy offerings and the result of assorted ways. vital present scientific questions are no matter if a biopsy might be taken of choroidal melanomas, what can be performed with this biopsy, and even if high-risk sufferers might be screened on a regular basis.
The newest guidance for diagnosing and treating corneal ailments This well-illustrated full-color reference offers the most recent instructions for diagnosing and treating corneal illnesses. beneficial properties: Full-color presentation with various illustrations offers whole up-to-date details on all kinds of anterior phase ailments With in-depth concentration, the authors pay attention to important components of the outside abnormalities, together with pathology of tear movie, ailment of conjunctiva, eyelids, and tumors provides up-to-date guidance to set up speedy and proper scientific analysis for correct and well timed therapy of corneal illnesses
Info the anatomy of the orbit and adnexa, and emphasizes a pragmatic method of the overview and administration of orbital and eyelid issues, together with malpositions and involutional adjustments. Updates present info on congenital, inflammatory, infectious, neoplastic and anxious stipulations of the orbit and accent constructions.
Authored by means of world-renowned eye surgeons and lecturers, the second one version of this ebook is a step by step consultant to universal eye surgical procedure and laser techniques. The booklet opens by way of reviewing the basics of ophthalmic surgical procedure. Chapters are then grouped into separate sections that handle cataracts, corneal ailments, refractive surgical procedure, eye trauma, glaucoma, oculoplastics, pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, and vitreoretinal ailments.
- Varicella-Zoster Virus Epithelial Keratitis in Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: In Vivo Morphology in the Human Cornea
- The Neurology of Eye Movements (Contemporary Neurology Series)
- Advanced Glaucoma Surgery (Essentials in Ophthalmology)
- 2011-2012 Basic and Clinical Science Course, Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
- Know Your Surgery
Additional info for Case Reviews in Ophthalmology
2. What tests could you perform to confirm your suspicion? Additional information: you determine that this patient has hysteria. 3. What strategies can you use to help him ‘recover’ his vision? 57 ANSWERS Case 29 1. e. malingering, hysteria). Malingering is the fabrication of a disorder for secondary gain (usually financial), whereas hysteria is a subconscious expression of symptoms. In order to distinguish between them and rule out any organic disease, it would be helpful to ask about any injuries, medical problems, medications, and social history with particular attention to employment status, stresses, and alcohol / drug use.
She has no other associated symptoms. Her exam is normal except for 20/200 vision and a positive RAPD OS. 4. What is the diagnosis? 5. What additional testing would you perform and why? 6. What are the recommendations for treatment? 7. What is the prognosis? 55 ANSWERS Case 28 1. What type of eye pain (foreign body sensation [FBS], sharp, dull, ache, tender to touch, pain with eye movement, headache, periorbital pain)? Any double vision? Any trauma? Any previous episodes? Has the eye been red? Any sensitivity to light?
This patient has increased blood pressure and cholesterol, but it cannot be assumed that his optic neuropathy is nonarteritic. The patient must be asked about the characteristic symptoms of GCA: headache, scalp tenderness, jaw claudication (pain with chewing), weight loss, fever, and anorexia, as well as neck pain, eye pain, diplopia, joint pain (symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica), and history of anemia. 2. A stat erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR; sed rate) is required to rule out arteritic AION.